How should BLND evolve over the next 6 months?

How many tokens should be in the basket?

• 3, as is
  • as many that pass the criteria

0 voters

Which tokens would you like to see added to the existing basket of XTZ, ATOM, and ALGO?

• Avalanche
  • Cardano
  • Celo
  • Near
  • Polkadot
  • Solana
  • All of them

0 voters

Should it remain market cap weighted? If market cap weighted, should it be on circulating supply or fully diluted supply? Or should we explore equal weighted?

• Market cap weighted, fully diluted supply
  • Market cap weighted, circulating supply
  • Equal weighted

0 voters

Should there a maximum and minimum weight of each token in the basket?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

How often should we rebalance the basket?

• Monthly
  • Quarterly
  • Annually

0 voters

Does the 20% fee disuade you from participating in BLND?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

The community will be able to set this fee. What would you set it to as a % of staking rewards?

• less than 10%
  • 20%, as is
  • more than 20%

0 voters

Don’t arbitrarily lower you standards in order to get more coins in the basket. Diversification is great, but only if it’s with high-quality vetted investments. With a team your size it should take at least 3 months to get a new investment. 6 months is more realistic. Think of how long it took you to get these first 3 vetted.

And don’t make new investments simply subject to a community vote. That would lower the bar for a hostile takeover that could jam the basket with a bad investment, like EOS. At least from my perspective. New investments should be because the StakerDAO team & council has vetted them. Otherwise there’s less of a reason for the 20% fee.

2 Likes

为什么这么少的投票,大家都没有关注这个论坛吗

I believe the idea of a DAO is to have a decentralized community making decisions on behalf of the DAO. Not sure why the BLND community (skin-in-the game) should not participate, or not have a voice when onboarding new protocols. Already there are plenty of plutocracies out there to choose from. Let’s hope we can rally the community and truly avoid governance participation of less than 5%. Because if you depend on the StakerDAO Team & Council to do all the decision making and voting, than why call yourself a DAO?

I think Blend should add ETH2. Seems like a great opportunity to help the “crypto mainstream” adopt Blend by offering liquid exposure to Eth2. ETH2 won’t be liquid for a while, so we need tools like this to trade it.

I’m planning to put a good chunk into Eth2 but I’d rather put it into Blend‘s version.

2 Likes

Your point is well taken. My point is that I want new tokens to be thoroughly researched, and I want some protection from hostile takeovers. Perhaps a DAO can achieve those; I don’t know yet.

Your point is well taken